Quiet sailing weekend on Yasasin as the weather was forecasting some light rain and breeze.
With our “short” crew we have lots of work but everything went fine until a tack where the J1 leech caught the leeward 2 spinlocks on the mast and broke them both. So strange how it could happen considering their high position. Strong sail yes, but damaged slightly.
We top almost 19knots but it ismore like 14 to 15knts in average
Lot more wind that day so we do not need the J1 (lucky because of the little damage)
Not much to talk about. Everything went fine.
A nice weekend. Thank you all
photos-videos to follow shortly
After a long winter and a full weekend to repair/calibrate the electronic (thanks to Laurent), we finally can enjoy the pleasure to sail at high speed.
Saturday, despite a light wind prediction of the weather forecast, we really can feel the great potential of the boat, with its beautiful mainsail hoisted with no reef.
Fabulous sensations at 25knots in a perfect flat sea.
We have a little minus though, the helm is not smooth and we need to be very concentrated (and strong) to not let us taken by a hard point coming now and then at high speed. We MUST find out what the problem is ASAP.
Very short crew that day, but enough to enjoy every minute.
Ardic, Senol, Izzet, Levent (a new crew) and myself.
Better not forget the 3 scary “stop&Go” occurring at 25knots where the leeward hull AND the bow went way under water surface due to a late reaction bot at the mainsheet and the J1 sheet combine to a no-reaction at the helm. WOW. Bad luck no camera was running ;).
The J1 was replaced by the smaller J3 after the first alert and eventhough, we had 2 more …
The wind picked up in a bay West of our marina forcing us to take a reef (which became 2)
Sunday, the weather forecast announced a very light breeze and so it was from the morning to 2pm where we got a nice NNE of 10-12knots.
Same people as the day before plus Izzet’s gf until Ardic’s sister, Bike, and 2 of their friends joined, sailed by Bike’s motor boat.
A very nice ride with the maxi-genaker topping 20 to 21knots in very safe conditions.
A wonderful sailing weekend, except that we could not trust the B&G auto pilot which seemed to have worked pretty well the previous weekend.
Let’s see what the 15th&16th will have to offer.
Here are some pictures of the weekend
Check out the videos at the bottom
Fantatisk weather that weekend.
Quite short crew but we still can top up 25knots and more
Here are some views of the weekend
1st of June: click here
2nd of June: click here